Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: western slope hunters?

western slope hunters?
April 30, 2011 01:16PM
I used to live in southeast nebraska and hunter morels all the time. I now live close to rifle, do morels grow in this area? If not what kind of mushrooms has anyone found on the western slope?
jc
May 03, 2011 11:08AM
It's possible, but they are more likely to be found in eastern Colorado along the plains. look in lower elevation areas near streams with Cottonwoods. Black morels could be found too in a month, but difficult to time and spot. Your best bet is to get out in August for Chantrelles and Boletes.
May 04, 2011 10:14AM
We just got back from eastern Nebraska!! Morels everywhere!!
May 05, 2011 08:00PM
I live in the palisade area and this will be my first year to look for morels on the western slope.I have herd of people finding them, but not many people hunt so I really am not to sure how good it can be. Yellow should be very soon. I have been looking at parks along the Colorado. No luck yet but you never know unless you go is what I say! But I can say it is a very good area for other mushrooms though. I am trying to start a western slope organization...Western Slope Fungophiles.....running forays and some other projects...Check it out on facebook if interested.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login