Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: First time trip to Telluride

First time trip to Telluride
July 15, 2011 06:28PM

Hello my fellow Mycophiles, I'm new to this forum and planning my first adventure to Telluride in August and was wondering if anyone on here would be going, as well as any info about the area. I'm originally from Canada but live in Duvall WA . My field of study is Mycology , I teach, forage , cook and love all things Fungi. My research is in the nutritional and medicinal use of fungi in our everyday lives.

I would love to hear anything you'd like to share about Telluride and Colorado for that matter. From what I'm seeing and learning already , I'm so very much looking forward to this adventure.

Thanks for reading

Peace, Love and Mushrooms

Joel
July 16, 2011 08:12PM
Your going to love it...that's for sure.Lots of fungi in the area and good people for the most part.Some high society types....but not that weeksmiling smileyJust a bunch of fungophiles!!Good camping around...in town if you get there early and camping from nice campgrounds to treeline primitive camping (I will be at treeline) Shroomfest.com should have most info you need....going to be good...We have been getting lots of good rain this year!!!
jc
July 19, 2011 12:08PM
Yes, you will love it. You are coming to Colorado at the perfect time for mushrooms. I'll be missing the Telluride event this year due to a large camping trip previously planned. Maybe next year!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login